|~ ESL.bloggie.com ~|

Silly girl learns to blog...WramBLing in very Bad EngRisH!

2/22/2002

 
:: baypal :: I was doing business on ebay in 1998 (selling clothes) but now...I have no time. I haven't posted anything since 200 (hehe, they wrote off my overdued balance of $6.x. Well, my card was cancelled and I was too busy to go back to eBay during that time) and not buying anything either. (broke) Well, I know ebay has grown... 42.4 million registered users so far? Read today that ebay is taking Billpoint back from Wells Fargo and changed the name to eBay Payments. ($43.5 million paid) eBay is planning to get their auction users to use eBay Payments service as a replacement to paypal. This is scary! Over 2/3 of paypal's revenue. The bigger eBay grows, the more money paypal makes. But...how long will this remains? eBay already setting up a plan here and eBay Payments is now a gun that points to paypal head. So far...I don't know what eBay is going to do, what is their marketting plans and stuff. What if eBay restrict the payment options for their online auction communities. Can eBay set a "No-Paypal Accepted" rule for its service? Would eBay Payments come up with some better offers and features than paypal? I don't know :) but I wanna see the result of this battle! I'm a paypal user though. (not selling on eBay but selling on Pop's website) [ read this news here ]


<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?