|~ ESL.bloggie.com ~|

Silly girl learns to blog...WramBLing in very Bad EngRisH!

6/26/2003

 
:: Blog Scripts :: Blogging is like a whole new world to me, eventhough I actually have been blogging for quite a few years. I don't blog full-time, not even part-time. I blog, I write diary, when I want to...more importantly, when I have time. I started to write again, mainly in THAI via my SpygirL Diary mainly to keep my netfriends posted/updated. It's been a while I stop checking my own website, diary, webboard, email, etc. ... at least 4-5 months since I started working in D.C. Now that the new job (not new anymore) is going pretty ok, I have less stress and trying to find time to do what I like, what I have missed doing so much: [ONLINE] Yaaay... Since I stop writing for a long time. My EngRisH got even worse than before. I apologize ... really! If the way I write annoy you, just go surf some porn sites with lots of pop-ups and x-thumbs. Ok...what I wanted to write again...oh, the blogging thing :-) My website is messed up since interserver.net moved their datacenter. All my greymatters screw up and don't work. I hosted friends' diaries and most of them are not unable to login to update their stuff. Oh, well...I think it's time to rebuild. I love greymatter but it crashes so much. (I am using a pretty old version. Whatever I've got two years ago. I'm so lazy. Even my YaBB SE is so old and buggies) I think it's time to change...change everything! Change the style, layout and of course the tool! [MovableType] or [b2] I have used b2 before and loved it. I remember I was trying to install (or installed) MT as well. I dropped the latest version of b2 to evilgodzilla/girls a few days ago and it works pretty good. (Took me less than 15 minutes to edit script, upload and test. Took me 3 hours to get Cron Job to work with b2mail) However, it doesn't serve my need, actually, our needs. [b2] would be nice for Pop's site where it's only [HIS] site. For girls.evilgodzilla where tons of girls are blogging together, we need some sorts of boundary. But instead of installing b2 on every single folder for every girl, (like we did with greymatter. our host must hate us!) I want one SINGLE SCRIPT that allow us to login and do our own stuff. In this case, assign each girl to her category and limit others from trying to write to it. Make sense? Like...a PORTAL but I don't want to use Web Portal script. It's confusing...I'm pretty dumb and not a programmer. Anyway...I can accept the fact that any girls and update any categories as long as they have no right to change someone else's post. b2 is fine. I like it. I like how simple, small yet powerful it is. [MT] would be a perfect script for our girls.evilgodzilla.com. However, I still don't know much about it, all I know is it's very powerful and poppular. But for a lazy person like me, I don't think I would have time to learn to get the best use out of it. Yes, I'm afraid of MT. If I can have someone install it for me for free? Hell Yeah! I want it :-) So... Since I already have b2. I think I'll stick with it. Now I'm trying to explor those hacks available and design templates. Let's see how it's gonna come out :-) Hope I won't run out of time first. I have 3 months before the end of Fiscal Year, but next week is going to be a start of this FY last quarter. I have a feeling they will ask me to hack out lots of reports for several meetings and reviews. :( PS1. I like the new Blogger interface :-) PS2. Sorry I have no time to make links, I'll edit this entry with links later :


<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?