Silly girl learns to blog...WramBLing in very Bad EngRisH!
:: Today, a year ago ::
Last year, December 22nd, I was still with Strayer. It sucked, really sucked. I didn't make a god damn penny enough to spoil myself. It wasn't bad but definitely NO GOOD!
Well, I'm at a new place now. I really like my new job. Not only I got paid a lot more but I also have a potential to grow here. Though it's a bit hard since I'm not a U.S. citizen but it's just a matter of time. All I need is patience.
Last year, December 22nd, I worked so hard because most my co-workers took days off. I hoped, when the new year rolled over I would get a raise. Did I get a raise? Nah...and that's pushed me to leave as early as a week after I learned the bad news.
My last day at Strayer was January 31, 2002. I immediately started my new job here on Feburary 2nd, 2003. I went through some rough time trying to get a security clearance but it's finally done and my tasks and responsibilities have incrased quickly. Now I'm taking on a tasks a former GS-13 co-worker used to do. Well, still get paid the same amount as of many months ago though. As I mentioned, only if I'm a U.S. citizen...
I've got a BONUS last month. My supervisor said he will try to get me a raise next year as well. I'm not counting on it though. I'm in an Accounting division, I've learned how they spend money. Money in the contract has not been increased, how in the world my company will cut their profits to increase my pay? Unless...they really *love* me ^__^
Last Year:
Sunday, December 22, 2002
:: UPDATE ::
Since April, I've been working for Strayer at 23250/yr. This coming 2003, I should get a little raise because I've got 4.8 on my review from the campus manager. What should I expect? I don't know... I hate working here (already) and I've been searching for a new job every god damn day but ... nothing available, nobody wants to hire me at this time.
Ah...well...
It's better than NOT having a job. I can't complain much. Me and my husband are going back to school with 75%off there. I have a decent benefit package. I have great boss and co-workers. Though the money is very bad, I can't really complain.