|~ ESL.bloggie.com ~|

Silly girl learns to blog...WramBLing in very Bad EngRisH!

4/28/2004

 

Career Crisis (again)

Since I got back from Thailand, my work morale drops dramatically. I even put my resume in at BAE systems and hope for a good news (one day). Reasons I started to hate my job 1. Getting sick of my messy desk As soon as I got back, Jenny left to Philippines (for 3 weeks). I am taking care half of her work while Steph is taking care of the other half. I've got a huge backlog now. I feel discouraged ... and lazy (TOOO MUCH WORK) 2. Getting sick of my company The evaluation was in March while I was in Thailand. I've been with the company for 15 months and my pay hasn't increased (the only thing that increased was my work and responsibility) I don't even get the Annual 5% increased. I know how much the government pays the company so they really can treat me better than this in term of sharing the profit. I am again, discouraged to continue working for them. 3. Getting sick of Virginia It's expensive to live here. It sucks we can't afford a nice house in a good neighborhood because we live here. For the same amount of money, it takes us so much much further in the other areas. We want to sell the house, make some money now (while the interest rate is still low) and move to Florida (Pensacola). 4. Getting sick of government job I started to look around for a new job in Pensacola or Jacksonville. Though there are many Navy bases and hospitals in Florida, I found it's hard to get a job there because I have to go through an agency, a government contracting company. Only IF I have a citizenship, I probably be in Pensacola by now. This whole thing make me rethink about my career. Why am I working for the government while I am not an American. I can't compete now and I am just get so sick of waiting. My boss promises me a super bright future if I can stick around but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon (I can't put in my application for citizenship until end of 2006). I want to work in a private sector now, corporate job, no security clearance bull crap and no unfair share. I asked Pop if he wants to JOIN THE NAVY with me. We might be able "sail away"together for a while :)


<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?