|~ ESL.bloggie.com ~|

Silly girl learns to blog...WramBLing in very Bad EngRisH!

6/24/2004

 

cook: Canned Sardine Salad

I love "Yam Pla Kra Pong", that's a Thai word for "Canned Sardine Spicy Salad". It's easy to make (5 minutes for me since I'm not too good with handling knife) and it adds so much more flavor to the plain ol' sardine. You can also make a "Tom Yam Pla Kra Pong" (Canned Sardine Spicy Soup) out of it but I'm not in the mood for that right now. I need a quick fix for my lunch tomorrow. I know I'll be busy and won't have time to get out of the office, so I'm preparing a lunchbox :D Seriously...3-5 minutes and you'll get a flavourful meal! It contains "zero" sugar and "zero" carb. (editted: just found out the label was wrong, the other brands posted at least 1g. of carb from tomato sauce!) You can add sugar if you like it a bit sweeter. The key to "Thai Spicy Salad" though; Hot (Fresh chili) and Sour (Lemon/lime juice). So I prefer not to add sugar here. Ingredients: 1. All sorts of spices/veggies you wish to use such as lettuce, tomato, scallion, ginger, basil etc. Chop them all UP ^_^ 2. Onions, Garlic, Cilantro, Fresh Chili (ground/powder is fine too) 3. Lemon juice Optional: - Tabasco - Fish sauce, salt - Sugar, Splenda Direction: 1. [Optional] Heat up the canned sardine a bit in microwave or stovetop. Remember to heat sardine WITHOUT mixing above. 2. Add all of the above ingredients 3. Mix well 4. And...that's it! Warning: If you like it to be a hot meal and heat it up. Make sure you do this at home. You may lose your job or piss the hell out of the boss if you cook SARDINE (plus garlic) in your Office's shared microwave. The microwave we've got in our division, there's a sign say "NO SEAFOOD PLEASE" on it. -_-' Yeah, some people actually heated up their seafood in there and it smelled not only in the microwave but all over the office.


<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?