|~ ESL.bloggie.com ~|

Silly girl learns to blog...WramBLing in very Bad EngRisH!

7/24/2004

 

Feeling...gfood

I grew up in an Asian family, in Bangkok, Thailand. My family (and others) is all about *FOOD*. One of the common greeting in Thailand beside "Hello" is "Have you eaten anything?", "Did you eat?" Food plays important role in our society. Following the tradition... When I was depressed, sad, bad, etc., I seeked food. When I was happy, excited, etc, I thought of...food. When I had a fight with hubby, I ate. When I got a promotion, I ate more. Lately, since I'm trying to lose some weight, I'm changing the way I comfort myself... If I feel depressed, sad, bad, etc., I'll sleep. If I feel happy, excited, etc. I'll go shopping. If I have a fight, I'll go trash the kichen and make him clean it up If I get another promotion, I'll go to IKEA. Yeah! I'll reward myself with something else. Instead of going to a restaurant or grocery store, I'll go to a mall and find myself a nice outfit which doesn't fit me. Well, as a motivation to keep up with my diet. Buy that size 3/4 skirt and pray to fit in it by next year or before it's out of date :( *double entry for a boring Saturday!*


<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?