|~ ESL.bloggie.com ~|
Silly girl learns to blog...WramBLing in very Bad EngRisH!
8/15/2004
Customer/Tech Support
I can't seem to find a decent customer service nowaday. From "VERIZON", "DELL" to "HP", those people were either *RUDE*, *STUPID* or *DON'T MAKE SENSE* (oversea call centers) accordingly.
I remembered when I was in school. I worked part-time in a busy call center as an "ASSOCIATE SUPPORT ENGINEER" for 3COM Palm Pilot. Yeah, the title sounds pretty cool and looks pretty good on resume. Well, maybe we should drop that fancy word and replace it with something that makes more sense like a "TECH SUPPORT"
Those days...god damn...it was terrible. I think I had recorded some of my experiences in the old diary too. My first day at work was a bitch. I came home, cried and planned to quit the next day.
The first day, I was bashed by both customers and a supervisor. One customer was so rude he refused to talk to me (I provided phone support) because my accent wasn't *American* enough and he *couldn't* understand. This same guy must be in hell right now, trying to find a Native Speaker Customer service with cystal clear voice
because most call centers are no longer located in the US anymore.
When I was working there, I will TRY MY BEST to solve the problem. Never blame customers, never raise voice and always be extra polite (After all, I am a naturally born nice person.
Yes! really...) Unless the person is rude, then I would play the *OOOOPS* technique. (Suddenly cut off the line, pretending it's an accident) Of course, I can't play *OOOOOPS* too often.
I managed to be on this job for almost a year before I finally walked out and never returned. It was during my final exam and I asked if I can take a day off because I did badly on the mid-term. My supervisor said "NO", so I went back and begged "PLEASE".
He confirmed back with a second "NO". That's when I stopped bother him and decided to stop going to work.
It's the first and hope the last time I have to walk out on a job without a proper two-weeks notice.
Archives
