Silly girl learns to blog...WramBLing in very Bad EngRisH!
10/15/2004
Long Long Fluday Friday
What a tiresome Friday The Phone won't stop ringing, emails won't stop coming and our building was participating in a "EVACUATION DRILL" today.
For the drill, we supposed to grab our stuff and exit the compound (Go Home). They told us it's going to be around 3:00PM. HOWEVER, the alarm went off at 2:30PM and I was on a phone with a pretty important business. I tried to ignore the alarm, until my boss got mad and came to get me. I was the last person to get out of the building.
Gee...e I got yelled at for being such a HARD WORKER
Once I got home, I had to log on and use my cell phone to call the hospital in Groton (long distance) so I can finish up with my business.
It was raining, the traffic was worse than usual and I got home with 10% of my energy left. Pop rushed in to get me to go to "SHOPPERS FOOD WAREHOUSE" (A grocery store) with him and his grandma. It's a "FLU SHOT DAY" at the store. There was a nurse (or two) coming in to give Flu Shots to the elders. First, We went to a wrong SHOPPERS and it took us an hour to fight the traffic to come back to the right store which happened to be the one right next to our house DUH !?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?
We got there around 6 PM and there were about 300 people waiting in front of us. Most of them got there since early morning. We were too late for today but there will be another event like this tomorrow at another grocery store (SUPER-G/GIANT) where people will be camping out all night to make sure they'll get in. (There will be only 300 shots provided)
Camping out? For a flu shot?
I think the media (news) made people panick for no reason. Some old lady died because she was standing in line for too long (in California) today. What a chance of our grandma getting a flu? What a chance of grandma getting a flu and die?
Well, just to be on the safe side, Pop and I will wake up at 5AM to go standing in line for her at SUPER-G tomorrow.