|~ ESL.bloggie.com ~|

Silly girl learns to blog...WramBLing in very Bad EngRisH!

11/22/2004

 

Grandma ยาย

I called grandma over the weekend. For a VERY FIRST time, she couldn't recall her memory of me. I was sad, I was mad and I was very shocked. I cried all night, couldn't accept the fact that she has forgotten about me. Grandma is about 75 years old but she had a brain surgery (stroke) a few years ago and since then, her memory is close to entirely erased. She has been pretty good about remembering who I am though. We're too close to be apart by anything. Maybe it was a very horrible phone reception. Maybe she couldn't hear my voice or my name. I am now afraid to call her again. I'm being selfish, trying not to get hurt by the fact that I am one step closer to losing her. I grew up with grandma. She has given me a reason to live. She WAS the REASON I decide to live when I thought I didn't belong, when there was no one else wanted me and the world just ended inside my own messed up head. I love her so much but I can only do too little for her. All the burden is placed on my mom's sholder. Mom is taking care of grandma now while I'm trying to taking care of my ownself. I feel like I am so powerless. Grandma has been waiting for me for so long. I promised her, we willl reunite soon. I wish I will be able to bring her here to stay with me in a few years. I pray for god to bless and grant my wish. Only a few more years... --------------------------------------------------- เมื่อวันเสาร์โทรไปหายายที่พม่า เกิดอาการช็อคเพราะเธอจำฉันไม่ได้ ปรกติแล้วหากฉันอธิบายว่า "ยาย นี่กอล์ฟนะ กอล์ฟหลานรักของยายไง จำได้ไหม" ยายเขาก็จะย้อนทวนความจำ แล้วก็จำขึ้นมาได้ แต่วันก่อนไม่ว่าฉันจะเอ่ยชื่อของฉันกี่ครั้งกี่หน เธอก็จำไม่ได้ เป็นครั้งแรกในชีวิตที่คนที่ฉันรักที่สุดตัดขาดฉันออกจากความทรงจำ ฉันเป็นหลานรักของยาย ตอนเด็ก ๆ แม่ฉันต้องทำงานหาเงินก็ทิ้งให้ฉันอยู่กับยาย ยายก็รักและเลี้ยงดูฉันมาอย่างดี ไม่เคยให้ต้องลำบากเลยสักนิด แม้กระทั่งเมื่อฉันโตแล้ว เมื่อครั้งมีปัญหาแก้ไม่ตก แม้กระทั้งครั้งนั้นที่คิดว่าไม่มีใครที่ต้องการฉันอีกต่อไปแล้ว ก็มีแต่ยายนี่แหละ ที่ฉุดฉันไว้ไม่ให้กระเจิง เธอเป็นคน ๆ เดียวที่ทำให้ฉันมีชีวิตผ่านพ้นมาได้กว่าสามสิบปี แต่วันนี้...ยายไม่มีฉันอยู่ในความทรงจำเสียแล้ว ฉันร้องไห้ทั้งคืนด้วยความน้อยใจ เสียใจ ไม่ได้โกรธยายแต่โกรธลมพัดน้ำไหล เวลาที่ผ่านไปอย่างรวดเร็ว ยายแก่แล้วแถมยังโดนผ่าตัดสมอง มันก็เป็นเรื่องธรรมดาที่เธอจะต้องสูญเสียความทรงจำไปในที่สุด ฉันควรจะทำใจ ตอนนี้กลัวโทรศัพท์มาก ยังทำใจไม่ได้ว่าหากโทรไปแล้วคุยกับยายแบบคนห่างเหิน มันจะทำร้านจิตใจฉันแค่ไหน คิดถึงแต่ความรู้สึกตัวเองเสียดื้อ ๆ ล่ะในตอนนี้ แม่ฉันบอกว่ามันอาจจะเป็นที่โทรศัพท์ ประเทศพม่าไม่ค่อยเจริญทำให้เสียงตามสายไม่ชัดเจน คนแก่ก็อาจจะไม่ได้ยินไม่ใช่ว่าจะลืมเลือนเรื่องในอดีต ฉันก็ได้แต่ภาวนาว่าคืนนั้นยายคงได้ยินเสียงของฉันไม่ชัดเจน ทำให้นึกไม่ออกว่าไอ้นังตัวแสบเสียแจ๋ว ๆ นี้มันคือหลานรักของเธอนั่นเอง ฉันได้แต่ภาวนาขอพรพระ ให้ส่งเสริมกำลังให้ยายฉันแข็งแรงและเข้มแข็งต่อไปอีกหลาย ๆ ปี ฉันขอเพียงอีกแค่ไม่กี่ปีให้มีปัญญาสร้างตัวขึ้นมาได้อีกหน่อย อีกไม่กี่ปีเท่านั้นฉันก็สามารถรับยายมาอยู่ด้วยได้แล้ว ถึงวันนั้นฉันก็คงไม่ต้องกังวล ไม่ต้องหวาดผวาอีกต่อไป ตอนนี้ฉันไม่มีความสุขเลย คิดแต่เพียงว่าหากวันใดยายจากไปโดยที่ไม่มีฉันอยู่ข้าง ๆ กาย ยายคงไม่รู้สึก แต่ฉันคงจะกินไม่ได้นอนไม่หลับไปอีกหลายสิบปี


<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?